BORA BORA Travel Guide
Bora Bora is a small beautiful island known as the “Pearl of the Pacific”. Dormant volcanoes rise up at its center and fan out into lush jungle before spilling into an aquamarine lagoon. The very definition of a tropical getaway, the blissful Bora Bora abounds with luxurious resorts, sunny skies, warm waters and friendly locals.
The main languages are French and Tahitian, but many people also speak English. The Locals have a life philosophy called “Aita Pea Pea.” Which means, “not to worry”. Try to go with the flow and enjoy life at a slower clip.
Best things to do in Bora Bora
The main objective of this vacation is relaxation and this petite island offers innumerable ways to achieve it:
- Repose on the deck of your overwater bungalow
- Cool off in the luminous lagoon surrounding the Island
- Bike around the island at a leisurely pace
- Check out the underwater life at the bora bora Lagoonarium and coral gardens
- Mount Otemanu is a must see