Things to Know Before Travelling International
Travelling abroad for the first time? Or maybe your last trip wasn’t as planned as you thought it was, here’s a few things you should do or bring before your trip.
Security & Health
- Check-in with your doctor. Make sure that you have all the proper vaccinations and no pending prescriptions.
- Bring copies of your passport. Just incase your passport gets stolen, you still have an identity to enter your country.
- Look up the currency exchange rates. Make sure you have an idea of where the conversion rate is at.
- Always have local cash. You can’t use your credit card everywhere, like on buses and trains.
- Buy tickets of places you want to visit in advance to avoid long queues and find more deals.
- Research events going on while you’re there. This will ensure you don’t miss out best events going on in the city.
- Bring a charger adapter. Some countries have different plug sizes, you want to ensure you can charge your electronics.
- Pack extra clothes in your carry-on luggage. Incase your luggage got misplaced, you can still freshen up.
- Bring snacks. Eating can become a task in foreign countries. Bringing small snacks can help suffice hunger until you can find the perfect restaurant or food cart